What is Food for Funds?
Food for Funds is a great way to earn money to pay for your child's Westside Timbers club fees or their team fees. See information below and contact Krystle Nguyen, Program Coordinator, to get started! Click here to go to Legacy Food For Fund website.
The Westside Timbers Soccer Club has secured a lucrative fundraising program called "Food for Funds" with the Legacy Food For Funds organization.
All families with a child playing for the Westside Timbers are eligible to participate. Funds earned can be used to pay for your player's Westside Timbers club fees and team fees.
How the program works:
1) You, your player or other family members (over 16 years old) will be working at the concession stands at Providence Park, the Moda Center, the Memorial Coliseum, and Hillsboro Stadium (Hops).
2) Tax free earnings – You will earn a percentage of the stand's total food and non-alcoholic beverage sales.
3) All earnings that you or your family earns will go directly toward your athlete(s) Westside Timbers Club Fees (1st), Team Fees (2nd). Many families earn enough to pay the entire Club Fee.
4) Athletes or family members over the age of 16 are eligible to work (under 18 years of age cannot work OLCC events)
5) Positions include: Stand Leaders, Assistant Stand Leaders, Cooks, Cook Helpers, and Register/Server.
6) You can expect to earn on average $75 per event – sometimes more, depending on your stand’s sales.
Things you need to do before you can start work:
1) Food Handlers Permit - $10 to take the test and get permit. The permit is good for 3 years. You can take this online
2) If you are over 18 you will also need to get a Liquor License - This can be completed online: $15 to take the test, $23 to get the license. These fees can be reimbursed with your Food for Funds account once you have enough money in your account.
3) If you already have these licenses you will just need to provide copies.
If interested, please contact Krystle Nguyen for more informaton or to sign up: